In 1910 and probably earlier, the cricket club was off the end of Southampton Street about where Walker Drive is today (north of Volunteer Way). When the new housing estate was built the club had to move across to a new location at the brand new Folly Sports Park, Stanford Road; opened in 2012 (photos below).
Photo above: Faringdon Cricketers at the County Ground, Swindon. Back – Robin Liddiard; John Bolter; Rollo Walker; Tim Weaving; Maurice Adams; Maurice Reed; Dick Burton. Front – Roly Maughan; Norman Wheeler, George Adams; Fred Bridges; Guy Woodin; ?? Blackmore